Subject: v08i100: cif2ps: a CIF to PostScript translator
From: [email-masked] (Brandon S. Allbery - comp.sources.misc)
Newsgroups: comp.sources.misc

Posting-number: Volume 8, Issue 100
Submitted-by: [email-masked] (Gordon W. Ross)
Archive-name: cif2ps

I've posted my version of "cif2ps" to comp.sources.misc this evening.
Your site should be receiving it soon.  Please accept my apology for
not posting it sooner.  I have been busy, and cif2ps is not a high
priority.  On the brighter side though, I've added support for CIF
objects other than boxes, as well as a limited plot depth option.

Here is the header from the posting to comp.sources.misc:

This package includes the source for "cif2ps," a program to create a
PostScript representation of an integrated circuit from a layout
stored in Caltech Intermediate Form (CIF).  A README, Makefile, and
manual page are included as well as some sample CIF files.

This version was derived from a version distributed by Marc Lesure
of Engineering Computer Services, Arizona State University.
The original version (called "cifp") was written by Arthur Simoneau,
of The Aerospace Corporation, El Segundo, California.

My additions to this program include:
run time customization of plot styles for all CIF layers, limited
plot depth option, technology-independent handling of CIF layers,
PostScript functions for filling an object using a clipping path,
automatic ordering of drawing operations for minimal obliteration,
reduced output size, and support for CIF objects other than boxes.

A few test files are included.  Running "make test" will generate a
layer-key for Scalable CMOS (SCMOS).  The file "everything.cif" has
one object of each CIF type: a box, roundflash, polygon, and wire.
The file "scmos-test.cif" is a sample layout from the old "cifp."

This version of "cif2ps" is distributed without any promise of
support, though I would appreciate bug reports and changes.

Gordon W. Ross    [email-masked]    (617) 271-3205 (daytime)
The MITRE Corp. (M/S E025)  Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730