Subject: Re: Standard Cell Licensing

From: [email-masked] (Dave Lindley (a.k.a. The Rock N' Roll Junkie))
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 92 10:41:45 CDT

I have forwarded your request to our secretary.  She should have it out
to you today via U.S. mail.  Right now, we only have the dlmV3.0
library and AuEPads1.2 completed.  We plan to have the AuEPads0.8 and
AuEPads2.0 libraries completed by end of September.  We're also working
on adding 2um delay information to the dlmV3.0 databook.  Right now it
only contains 1.2um information.  We'll send you email when this work
is completed so that you can ftp it over to your site.  We currently
have ready to release the existing dlmV3.0 library and databook, the
AuEPads1.2, and the old itdpads1.0 (3um, 2um, and 1.6um IO libraries).

Dave
      _______
     /       |
====/        |==============================================================
|  /         |  Dave Lindley                  Advanced Microelectronics    |
|  /         |  Computer Engineer             1080 River Oaks Drive        |
|  \         |  Ph: (601)932-7620, ext 107    Suite A-250                  |
|   |Jackson |  Fax: (601)932-7621            Jackson, MS                  |
|   /   *    |  [email-masked]                  39208                        |
===/         |==============================================================
  |______    |
        /    |
        \____|

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave Lindley (a.k.a. The Rock N' Roll Junkie))
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 92 14:32:06 CDT

Joseph,

Forgot to mention that the 0.8um library (and soon the 1.2um library)
has a new ndiffusion layer (used in thick field devices) in it that
requires users to have our version of Magic running our technology
file.  We also release magic with a signed software license agreement.
Would you be interested it that.

Dave

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave Lindley (a.k.a. The Rock N' Roll Junkie))
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 92 09:19:07 CDT

Joe,

We've made some improvements to the magic6.3.  We have added a very
good HSpice extractor, added BJT capability to the spice extractor, a
Mentor Graphics/SDD GDT Lsim netlist extractor, fixed some memory
management problems, added some rules to the ext styles (magic
previously didn't properly extract some capacitences), and have
rewritten the drc section to properly check the MOSIS rules.
We are currently making some changes to the cif read/write sections of
the technology file.  Right now, you cannot write and read cif for the
IOs due to the way magic bloats the well from the diffusion.  If
several cif write/reads occur, vdd will short to gnd via the nwell.
When our latest mods to the tech file are finished, this won't happen.

Dave

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave Lindley (a.k.a. The Rock N' Roll Junkie))
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 92 10:11:24 CDT

Joe,

The  SCMOS libraries are now ready to be released.  I'm sorry
it's taken so long for us to complete them.  To ftp the libraries,
ftp to corona.aue.com (192.136.108.19).  Log in as "anonymous" and
use your email address as the passwd.  Change directory to
pub/mdu.  There is a README file there that describes what
is what.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate
to contact me.  I will leave the read permissions set until
9am CST on 8 October, 1992.  Let me know if that is not enough
time for you to transfer the files.

Sincerly, 

Dave
      _______
     /       |