

Article 311 of comp.sys.mentor:
Path: Intrepid!moe.ksu.ksu.edu!crcnis1.unl.edu!wupost!uunet!news.mentorg.com!gumby!mike
>From: [email-masked] (Mike Walsh)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mentor
Subject: MGC Freeware
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Dec 92 22:11:27 GMT
Sender: [email-masked] (News User)
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Followup-To: comp.sys.mentor
Organization: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Lines: 56
Nntp-Posting-Host: rtp-nc.mentorg.com

I have submitted the following freeware to be made available
on the MUG internet node (Cheers.ERC.MsState.Edu) - look for
them soon!

    iplot (v8.2_11.21) - General purpose shell level plotting
        utility.  This is the same shell script that was referenced
        and reprinted in the November issue of the SupportBulletin.
        Unfortunately the version of iplot that was reprinted is
        quite a bit out of date.

    da_batch (v8.2_1.20) - Design Architect batch edit utility.
        This shell script will allow you to globally batch edit
        MGC design objects (schematics, symbols, VHDL) without
        having to worry about the opening and closing of sheets.

    ai_uw.tar.Z (v8.1_7.x) - Board Station userware to produce
        pick and place data from a Board Station database.  This
        userware will produce a file of pick and place data for
        either a board or a panel and can deal with components
        that have mixed units (a mixture of metric and english
        as well as mils, inches, cm, mm, etc.) and produce an
        output with all information normalized per the users
        request.

    sb_uw.tar.Z (v8.1_10.x) - Board Station userware to interface
        and operate the ARTROUTERshape and SMARTROUTERshape family
        of auto-routers that MGC has OEM'ed from Cooper & Chyan
        Technology.  This userware provided menus and popup forms
        that make it easy for the Board Station user to drive
        either of the CCT routers without having to understand the
        CCT do file syntax.

These pieces of userware are FREE for the asking and as such are
NOT officially supported by Mentor Graphics Corportation.  If you
have questions or problems, e-mail me and I'll do what I can!

If you are unable to access the MUG internet node I can also any
of them available on Mentor Graphic's ISL node.  For those without
internet access send me e-mail and I will work something out with
you.

I welcome all comments and suggestions.

Mike

---
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
| Michael P. Walsh                     [email-masked] |
|                                       [email-masked] |
| Application Engineer                                         |
| Mentor Graphics Corporation                 V:(919) 544-0200 |
| 2525 Meridian Parkway, Suite 260            F:(919) 544-0701 |
| Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27713                 |
+--------------------------------------------------------------+