Subject: Inquiry from Mentor

From: "Gary J. Minden" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 92 15:58:52 CDT

------- Forwarded Message

From: [email-masked] (Ron Cormier)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 92 12:32:31 PDT
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Mentor ----> MOSIS

Dear Dr. Minden,

My name is Ron Cormier.  I am currently working as a summer intern at Mentor
Graphics.  One of my projects is to identify the typical problems that are 
encountered while using our software and submitting chips to MOSIS. The end
result of this project will most probably be some kind of "pseudo" manual
explaining in detail how to go through the submission process smoothly. Also,
the manual will have source lists for things such as rules files and technology
files. Also, I will be formulating a proposed strategy for improved support of
the MOSIS process.  

I understand that your school uses Mentor Graphics software and have submitted 
chips.  I would like you to answer a couple questions when you have the 
opportunity.  

1.  Which product are you using to design your IC's (GDT or IC station).

2. What type of problems have you encountered with our software that has 
  affected the submission process. 

3. Is there any other problem you have encountered in your submission process
   that you would like to see resolved?

This is just an initial questionaire to see what issues are important to the 
universities using our software.  Please feel free to call me at: 1-800-592-2210
ext 4599 or write via Email. Also, if there is someone else in your department
that might also have an interest in this issue, please feel free to send this 
questionaire to them.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Ron Cormier, Mentor Graphics   

------- End of Forwarded Message