Subject: Re: octpla problems(OCTTOOLS 5.1)
From: [email-masked] (Paul Cohen)
Date: 10 Sep 92 04:58:16 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.lsi.cad

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Jon H. Bohlke) writes:

>   Does anybody have octpla working under OCTTOOLS 5.1?  I cannot get a  
>finsihed layout with it and it takes forever!

You should be sure to use the -nofold option. I've used the 5.1
version of octpla, and fabricated the PLAs. The circuits worked fine.
You should check the well and substrate contacts, though. In general,
octpla -nofold will work for fairly small PLAs. Since the
placement of substrate contacts is limited, I'd avoid "tall,  thin"
PLAs. 

In general, Octools questions can be addressed to
[email-masked].

-- 
Paul B. Cohen				| [email-masked]
Advanced Hardware Architectures, Inc.	| [email-masked]
P.O Box 9669				| (208) 883-8000 (v)
Moscow, ID 83843			| (208) 883-8001 (f)