Next: Physical Layer
- Separation of protocol layers should be maintained. (high
- There should not be a single point of failure in the
design. (high priority)
- Standards should be used where possible. (mandatory)
- A variety of traffic types must be supported, e.g. CBR, VBR,
- There will only exist one link level hop from any ES to its
associated RN. (mandatory)
- The Linux operating system will be used for the network
control protocol and the high speed protocol stack.
Figure 4: High Speed Protocol Stack.
Sun Aug 25 17:29:09 CDT 1996