Next: Open Issues
Up: Network Layer
Previous: Network Layer
- IP must be able to reside on the ATM layer with reasonable
performance and allow full interaction with ``standard'' IP
and fixed networks. (mandatory)
- The IP level should be able to dynamically route packets.
- Multiprotocol Encapsulation over ATM Adaptation Layer
 will be used. (mandatory)
- Classical IP and ARP over ATM will be used
- An evolution towards NHRP will take place as the project
progresses. (high priority)
Figure 11: IP Layer Detail.
Sun Aug 25 17:29:09 CDT 1996