Bioinformatics Reading Group
The rapid development of bioinformatics techniques is leading to innovations in various fields in computer science including machine learning, data mining, information retrieve, high performance computing, and database management, among others. Bioinformatics seminar is an initiative at ITTC to provide a forum for faculty, stuff, and students to discuss the latest research progress related to bioinformatics.
- This week's statistical learning group discussion(June 4th) is canceled due to a conference deadline. We will resume the discussion next week(June 11th).
- We will meet every Thursday at Nichols Hall Room 246(executive room), from 2:00 pm to 3:00pm.
- May 28th, 2009 : Chapter 1 and Chapter 2: An overview. Presented by Dr. Huan.
- June 11th, 2009 : Chapter 3: Properties of Kernels. Presented by Hongliang Fei. Slide Download
- June 25th, 2009 : Chapter 5(part I): Elementary algorithms in feature space. Presented by Alexander Senf.
- July 2nd, 2009 : Chapter 5(part II): Elementary algorithms in feature space. Presented by Alexander Senf. Slide Download
- July 16th, 2009 : Chapter 7(part I): Convex Optimization. Presented by Brian Quanz. Slide Download
- July 23th, 2009 : Chapter 7(part II): Convex Optimization. Presented by Brian Quanz. Slide Download
- Xuewen Chen
- Luke Huan
- Bo Luo
- Brian Potetz
- Kwang Choi
- Hongliang Fei Jong Cheol
- Bing Han Yi Jia
- Mei Liu Meeyoung Park
- Aaron Smalter Brian Quanz
- Alexander Senf Leo Zhang
- Jim Vallandingham Xiaohong Wang
- Mike Wasikowski Zeeshan Ahmed
- Avindra Fernando Kevin Quillen
Last Updated on 05/29/09
Maintained By Xiaohong Wang