- Changes in version 1.17:
- Significantly reduced the overhead of the timer
interrupt on Pentiums. This version no longer relies on
reading the timer chip each time.
- Major fixes to the way the Pentium TSC is used to
calculate the system time. This can be used to reduce the
clock drift significantly. This also fixes the major clock
drift problem that used to exist.
- UTIME no longer rounds up cycles per second, improving
the accuracy of the calculations as well.
- Changes in version 1.16:
- Fixes a bug in select.c. Now the select system call
- Changes in version 1.15:
- Fixes crashes happening under X by using the old timer
queue instead of the fast timers code.
- Now select.c also uses UTIME timers for the process timeouts.
- UTIME v1.15 fixes a typing error in v1.14 which used to
cause patched kernel from crashing on a Pentium machine.
Last modified: Fri Mar 31 16:52:57 CST 2000