- 03/2017: One paper accepted to IEEE TKDE.
- 02/2017: I continue to review three papers for IEEE TKDE.
- 02/2017: Our BIBM paper is invited to a special issue at IEEE/ACM TCBB.
- 12/2016: I'm a reviewer for IEEE TKDE.
- 10/2016: Two papers accepted to BIBM.
- 07/2016: Two papers accepted to ICPR.
- 07/2016: I'm a reviewer for Neurocomputing.
- 05/2016: I'm a receipt of the UAI scholarship.
- 05/2016: One paper accepted to UAI.
- [More News]
I am a final-year computer science Ph.D. candidate specialized in machine learning.
My general research interests lie at both fundamental and practical levels:
at the fundamental level, my studies aim to advance our understanding on the
nature of learning; at the practical level, my studies aim to develop effective
machine learning solutions as efficient alternatives to traditional domain solutions.
My doctoral research largely falls into two lines: one line explored multi-view learning,
with a collaborative application in social circle detection;
another line approached matrix recovery problems from a statistical learning perspective,
with a theoretical characterization of
negative transfer in collective matrix factorization.
- I received my bachelor and master degrees from Nanjing
University of Posts and Telecommunications, China. In those old days, I developed novel
subspace learning algorithms for face recognition tasks.
- [Curriculum Vitae]
- Technical Program Committee for International Conference on Data Analytics, 2016.
- Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 2016 - 2017.
- Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, 2014 - 2016.
- Reviewer for Neurocomputing, 2016.
- Reviewer for Circuits and Systems, 2016.
- Reviewer for Neural Computing and Applications, 2015.
- Reviewer for Journal of Computers & Electrical Engineering, 2014.
- Reviewer for International Journal of Computer Mathematics, 2012.
- EECS 443: Digital System Design, University of Kansas, Spring 2013 & Spring 2015.
- EECS 210: Discrete Structure, University of Kansas, Fall 2014.
Awards & Scholarships
- UAI Scholarship, 2016.
- IAPR Travel Stipend, 2016.
- Data Science Summer Institute Scholarship, UIUC, 2012.
- First Class Prize in National Online Mathematical Contest in Modeling, China, 2010.
- Second Class Prize in National Postgraduate Mathematic Contest in Modeling, China, 2009 & 2010.