Pilot's Ten Commandments
- Thou shalt abstain from the intersection takeoff
for verily the runway behind thee, as the altitude
above thee, cometh not to thine aid when thou
- Thou shalt not linger on active runways lest thou
become like unto ground sirloin.
- Ignorest thou not thy checklists for many are the
switches, handles, gauges and other demons awaiting
to take cruel vengeance upon thee.
- Thou shalt cast thine eyes to thy right and also
to thy left as thou passeth through the firmament
lest thy fellow pilots bring flowers to thy widow
and comfort her in other ways.
- Buzzeth not, for this shall surely incur the wrath
of thy neighbors and the fury of the FAA shall be
called down upon thy head.
- Thou shalt be ever mindful of thy fuel lest there
be nothing in thy tank to sustain thee upon the air
and thy days be made short.
- Trust not thine eyes to lead thee through the cloud
lest the Archangel Gabriel await thee therein.
- Thou shalt not trespass into the thunderstorm lest
the tempest rend the wings from thy chariot and cast
thee naked into the firmament.
- Put not thy trust in weather prophets, for when the
truth is not in, then they shall not accompany thee
among thy ancestors.
- Often shalt thou confirm thine airspeed on final
lest the earth rise up and smite thee.