University of Kansas
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
EECS 563 - Homework and Project Assignments - Fall 2014
Homework #1 Due August 28
- Homework #2 Due Sept 4
- Homework #3 Due Sept 11
- Homework #4 Due Sept 18
- Homework #5 Due Sept 23
- Homework #6 Due Sept 30
- Homework #7 Due Oct 23
- Homework #8 Due Nov 4
(Network Performance Analysis and Design)
- Network Performance Analysis and Design Notes
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- The material (cdf files) above is a tutorial covering the network performance analysis and design.
- The material above contains an overview of the theory; these concepts are also covered in the class notes and there are many web sources. Example simulation models are linked into the material.
- There will not be in-class lectures over the theoretical performance material in the above tutorial and class notes, however we will cover simulation and go through a tutorial on the Extend simulation package in class. You will need to read the material in these cdf files to do the homework on network performance analysis and design.
- The nature of some of the homework problems on network performance analysis and design is to theoretically predict system performance and then compare to the theoretical predictions to observations obtained from system simulations.
- Class lecture time will be used to answer your problems concerning performance concepts and the assigned performance problems.
- Performance concepts will be covered on Test 2 and the final. (Also there may be a quiz over this material.)
- Note that each problem covering network performance analysis and design homework is worth 30 pts so your performance on the assignment on network performance analysis and design is about 25% of your total homework grade.
- Presenting performance concepts in this way is an experiment, so comments and feedback is welcome.
- Homework #9 Due Nov 6, 2014
- Homework #10 Due Nov 13, 2014
- Homework #11 Due Nov 20, 2014
- Homework #12 Due Dec 9, 2014
Projects (Due in class)
Project 1 Due October 16, 2014
Project 2 Due Dec 11, 2014
Victor S. Frost, firstname.lastname@example.org