The purpose of the projects is to illustrate
concepts from communications networking. Your reports should
document the rationale for the project, how the project was executed,
the results, and most importantly your interpretation of the results.
The reports should show that you have an understanding of the
concepts under investigation.
Follow the outline given below for the reports:
1. Statement of objectives.
2. Discussion of the strategy for achieving
the objectives, that is, present the processes used to obtain
3. Presentation and interpretation of the
The length of each of these sections will
vary. Be concise and neat, the goal is to communicate the results
of your efforts. Think about the reader as you are constructing
your reports. Do not pad the reports with plots and figures not
discussed in the main text.
Format for figures and tables.
1) Each figure/table should be placed as
close to the first reference to it in the text as possible. Placing
the figure/table on a separate page following the first reference
to it in the text is permissible.
2) Each figure/table must have a
3) All axis on graphs must be labeled.
4) Each figure/table should be self contained,
that is, the title, axis labels, and other information in the
figure/table should provide the reader enough information to interpret
5) Each figure/table must be discussed in the text.