Representation and manipulation of message blocks
- k - bit message is represented by a binary vector of length k
Example, 01001100 --> (0,1,0,0,1,1,0,0)
- k - bit code word is represented by a binary vector of length n
Example, 01001100110 --> (0,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0)
- Transformation between message and code vectors.
- In matrix form
- G Defines a Linear Systematic (n,k) Code
There are 8 unique code words
- Problem: given a received message determine if an error has occurred.
- Model for the received message
- Define a Parity Check Matrix H
An error has been detected.