ITTC has had excellent results from its technology transfer activities. The Center's Office of Technology Commercialization works with the KU Center for Research (KUCR), companies, faculty, and staff to help transfer technologies developed within ITTC from the University to the commercial sector.
New technologies come from various opportunities:
- industry or federally sponsored research agreements
- direct company assistance
- research and ideas with commercial potential from KU faculty, staff, and students
These opportunities are supported by KUCR, a foundation that manages the University's sponsored research and license agreements. ITTC-developed technologies frequently produce a license agreement with a company. These agreements often include sponsored research support, cost sharing, royalty arrangements, or sometimes equity positions. Each technology is managed to find the best "win-win" solutions for those involved.
ITTC Technology Transfer will help information and telecommunications industries and Kansas-based companies remain viable in the worldwide market by:
- Creating flexible partnerships
- Transferring ITTC technologies to the public sector
- Working to identify the "push-pull" between university research and company needs
- Attracting and create new companies when possible
- Seeking partnerships and licensing opportunities with companies nationwide that enhance reinvestment in ITTC research
- Promoting public relations to advance ITTC's mission and economic development activities
- Providing exceptional assistance to ITTC faculty, staff and students, and financial incentives for innovative excellence