Heechul Yun (윤희철)
office: 236 Nichols Hall, 2335 Irving hill Rd,
Lawrence, KS, 66045
e-mail: heechul.yun (at) ku.edu
I am an Assistant Professor in the department of
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Kansas. I earned my
Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign in 2013. Previously, I worked at Samsung Electronics
as a senior system software engineer.
I am looking for motivated PhD and MS students who are interested in
systems research. Experiences in Linux kernel (or other system
software) are a plus. If you are interested, please email
me with your CV/resume.
My research goal is to build predictable, robust, and high performance
computing infrastructure (OS, architecture, and middleware) for
embedded real-time systems. My research interests include:
(Google Scholar Profile)
- Multicore resource management
- Power/energy-aware scheduling
- Reliability of cyber-physical systems
- Aug. 2016. I was invited to serve on the program committee of
- Jul. 2016. I was invited to serve on the program committee of
- Jun. 2016. I gave a web seminar for Embedded
Computing Community of Practice at Lockheed Martin, a
corporation-wide virtual group of software engineers, on our
recent multicore research.
- May 2016, Our paper, "A Simplex Architecture for Intelligent and Safe Unmanned
Aerial Vehicles," was accepted for publication
- Apr. 2016, Our paper, "Taming Non-blocking Caches to Improve
Isolation in Multicore Real-Time Systems," won the
Best Paper Award
RTAS'16 at CPSWeek .
- Feb. 2016, I am organizing RTSS@work session
- Jan. 2016, Our paper "Memory Bandwidth Management for Efficient
Performance Isolation in Multi-Core Platforms," was selected as the
Feature paper of February 2016 issue
- Jan. 2016, Intel donated two E5-2658 v3 Xeon processors to
us. Thank you very much!
- Dec. 2015, Our paper "Taming Non-blocking Caches to Improve
Isolation in Multicore Real-Time Systems" was accepted for
publication at IEEE
RTAS'16. Also, the paper has been selected as a Outstanding Paper.
- Oct. 2015. Xilinx donated a Zynq platform to us. Thank you very much!
- Sep. 2015. I was invited to serve on the program committee of
- Apr. 2015. I help
Workshop on Certifiable Multicore Avionics Systems (CMAS) (part
of CPSWeek 2015) in
Seattle, USA, on April 13.
- Mar. 2015. Our paper "Parallelism-Aware Memory Interference
Delay Analysis for COTS Multicore Systems" was accepted
for publication at ECRTS'15.
- Mar. 2015. Our paper "Memory Bandwidth Management for Efficient
Performance Isolation in Multi-core Platforms" was accepted
for publication at the journal of IEEE
- Mar. 2015. I was invited to serve on the program committees
of IEEE RTSS'15 and IEEE RTCSA'15.
- Jan. 2015. I was invited to serve on the program committee of OSPERT'15.
- Dec. 2014. Our paper "Schedulability Analysis for Memory
Bandwidth Regulated Multicore Real-Time Systems" was accepted
for publication at the journal of IEEE
- Dec. 2014. Our poster "Memory Bandwidth Management Framework for
Soft Real-Time Applications on Heterogeneous Multicore based
Embedded Systems" was accepted for presentation at GTC'15.
- Sep. 2014. Our paper "Performance Isolation for Real-Time
Applications on Multicore Platforms using PALLOC and MemGurad" has
been accepted for publication at RTLWS'14.
- Aug. 2014. I was invited to serve on
the program committee of IEEE RTAS'15.
- Jun. 2014. I was invited to give a talk at Electronics and
Telecommunications Research Institute in Korea on the topic of
"Memory-Aware Power/Energy Management."
- May 2014. Our proposal for
Tegra K1 CUDA Vision Challenge is selected (equipment support).
- Dec. 2013. Our paper "PALLOC: DRAM Bank-Aware Memory Allocator for
Performance Isolation on Multicore Platforms" was accepted
for publication at IEEE RTAS'14
- Oct. 2013. I was invited to serve on
the program committee of ACM LCTES'14.